Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of insurance-linked securities providing mortgage reinsurance coverage may face losses as US delinquency rates surge.
Bermudian-based mortgage re/insurer Essent Group has reported that all of its...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Wednesday Jul 15, 2020 10:16 am
Arch Capital Group Ltd has estimated catastrophe losses of up to $225 million for the second quarter — most of them related to...
- Jul 15, 2020 11:09 am
Bermuda’s leading insurers and reinsurers donated more than $3 million to local charities during the Covid-19...
- Jul 14, 2020 4:49 pm
Convex Group’s first catastrophe bond secured $300 million of reinsurance coverage.
The insurer and reinsurer, which was...
- Jul 13, 2020 5:57 pm
Aditya Dutt, the outgoing head of RenaissanceRe’s Ventures business, has been appointed president and a partner of Aeolus...
- Jul 13, 2020 2:03 pm
Two experts on climate risk and resilience strategies will be panellists on a webinar hosted by the Bermuda Business...
- Jul 13, 2020 11:58 am
An alternative capital reinsurance transaction has been completed between Axa XL Reinsurance in Bermuda, and Bluefire...
- Jul 10, 2020 6:23 pm
Aditya Dutt, the head of RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd’s Ventures business, is to leave the company to pursue a new opportunity,...
- Jul 9, 2020 6:47 pm
A free webinar discussing Bermuda’s international business sector through and beyond the Covid-19 pandemic will feature Curtis...
- Jul 8, 2020 3:50 pm
A Bermudian-based (re)insurer is searching for a new chief financial officer.
Argo Group International Holdings is...
- Jul 7, 2020 3:07 pm
Reinsurance industry finances have bounced back after the sector’s capital base dipped by almost one third as the Covid-19...
- Jul 4, 2020 8:00 am
- Biltir awards $30,000 scholarship to Allen
- Data scientist joins Envelop Risk in England
- Aspen, Axa XL bow to pressure on coal project
- Bermuda conference to be virtual experience
- Captive conference to go virtual
- Reinsurers stand up well to BMA stress test
- Insurers raising billions in uncertain times
- New reinsurer being formed in Bermuda
- Investment dip drives BF&M’s $2.2m loss
- Insurtech Nayms opens Bermuda office
- Insurers urged to end support for oil and gas
- Biltir joins global organisation
- Argus Group reports net earnings of $14.2m
- Abir to host climate risk webinar
- Expert: island could see new insurance demand
- Cryptoasset insurer licensed in Bermuda
- Argus refunds half of April motor premiums
- Clarke leads Global Reinsurance Forum
- Argo settles SEC charges over failure to disclose CEO perks
- RenRe aims to raise $1bn in share sale
- Maiden Re continues support for insurtech firm
- HSCM Bermuda launches Bumblebee Re
- Consortium buys majority stake in Fortitude Re
- Sompo forms new technology unit
- ‘Substantial benefits’ from working at home
- PartnerRe makes changes to non-life structure
- BMS appointments include Bermuda team boost
- BDA and Rims team up for webinar series
- Oil and Ocil donate $350,000 towards crisis
- Ed brings e-trading platform to Bermuda market
- French firm calls off deal to buy PartnerRe
- Work from home to feature in Convex internship
- Zurich donates $160,000 to crisis efforts
- Captive insurance focus of virtual symposium
- BI losses could be ‘catastrophic’ for insurers
- RenRe takes $103.8m Covid-19 hit
- Hiscox to raise up to $500m in share sale
- Eliot hires Reiss to head new Bermuda office
- Monument Re donates $120,000 to BCF fund
- Biltir cancels Bermuda conference
Ming, Tyrrell sworn in, Burt takes tourism
Covid-19: Infected traveller breached rules
Superyachts sail to safe haven of Bermuda
Police officer may face criminal charge
Rizzuto arrives in Bermuda
Making the right moves with Honor
Clear tests mandatory for arriving visitors
Dock built by locals at Rocky Hill torn down
Coral Beach charters jet for US elite
Leaf to be turned from Caines and DeSilva
Man charged in death of football manager
More seeking help for addiction
Disturbance in Hamilton establishment
Richards has mixed feelings on register
Take Our Poll
- "Next cab off the rank for David Burt in tourism and transport?"
- Crystal Caesar
- Vance Campbell
- Rolfe Commissiong
- Christopher Famous
- Renee Ming
- Lawrence Scott
- Scott Simmons
- Michael Weeks
- Total Votes: 1149
- Poll Archive